Thursday, September 17, 2015
Halloween Sampler - First Projects
First post - Halloween Sampler
Second post - General Instructions and Mat board
And remember, if you want to download all the instructions right now in one go, then head over to Craftsy where I have them posted for $3.99.
BONUS Project: Quilled Candy in Wrappers
- white, 6 strips at 4” long (wrapper)
- white, 3 strips at 8” long (candy)
- bright yellow, 1 strip at 8” long (candy)
- light red, 1 strip at 8” long (candy)
- purple, 1 strip at 8” long (candy)
- orange, 1 strip at 8” long (candy)
- black, 1 strip at 8” long (candy)
Here is an easy project to start off that’s not shown in the sampler – quilled candy in ‘wrappers.’ Start by stacking (right on top of each other, NOT end to end) the red, yellow, and white strips all at once. The white strip should be on the ‘bottom.” Roll the three strips up all at the same time. The three colors swirl together as you roll them. Make sure the white ends up on the ‘outside.’ Form a circle (the colored strips might need to be trimmed to hide them under the white.)
Make two triangles with 4" of white paper each. Curve one side. Glue these with the curved side out, to either end of the circle. Repeat with a stack of green/purple/white, and then a stack of orange/black/white.
Project #1: Flying Bat
- black, 8 strips at 6” long (wings)
- black, 1 strip at 9” long (body)
- black, 2 strips at 2” long (ears)
- black, 3 strips – from ¾” long to 1.5” long (small bats)
- bright yellow, 1 strip at 10” long (moon)
First make eight circles with the 6" black strips. Form these into triangles, but curve one side of each. Glue these together as shown to form two wings. (Each wing has three triangles pointed ‘up’ and one pointed ‘down’.)
For the body, take a 9" black strip and make a teardrop. Take 2" black strips and form them into long triangles for the ears of the bat. Glue the pieces together.
Take three black strips that are from 3/4" to 1.5" and make "M" shapes (other bats). Use a 10" strip of bright yellow in the form of a crescent to serve as the Moon.
Glue these pieces into the mat board – right side middle square.
Image Credit - My pix of my quilling, my designs